Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Eighth Bishop of Calgary


The Rt. Rev. Derek B. E. Hoskin
Eighth Bishop of Calgary
This was the rector of St. Leanord's when I was hired. On Friday he was ordain and installed as the Bishop of Calgary. It was a cool service where God's name was lifted up and praised. It was alot of fun. After the service the reception was like a picnic lunch and was very informal. Our Parish had a photo taken with the new Bishop.
You will notice that I am not in the picture. My friend Jenny and I had left by this time to do some sightseeing before we had to meet the bus. Those photos will be coming soon. Please keep us all in your prayers. The new Interm minister started today. I think that we will have our work cut out for us in the next few months as we pray and discern where we feel God is calling us as a parish and then seek the leader to take us there. I am impressed in the process they have set up for this to include 2 days with a person who helps churches in this process. Just pray for God will to be done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's in my prayers tonight bonnie.