Thursday, January 25, 2007

Life happens when no one is looking

So a strange thing happens when things in my life get overwhelming... I stop blogging. I have a hard time being here and not sharing what is going on in my life. So last year this time my life started on a downward spiral that I am just seeming to come out of now. It's hard when your in ministry and other people come to you for your help in putting their lives back together. But who do ministers go to? hmmmmm.... it makes me think maybe that is why there are things that are kept hidden in pastors/ ministers families that when it comes out it's almost too late to repair.

I know I have spoken with friends who Blog and we say at times like this we wished we had an completely anonymous blog so we could vent there. I know that I have a few good friends that have really helped me work through the last year.

That was a long prelude to tonight's post....

There has been some serious issues happening at the church I minister at right now, I have counselled others on and off for the past 2 weeks, met with other leaders, and prayed a whole lot. I am tired, drained, and not sleeping well... The very good news in all this is I am off tomorrow morning for a 3 day conference called Breakforth.

I am so looking forward to this, can it get any better?? Worship with Robin Mark, and Brian Doerksen. Casting Crowns, Starfield and Newsboys concerts. Sessions with kay Arthur, Tony Campolo, Josh McDowell and Randy Stonehill. My workshops include some children's and youth ministry ones and creative worship and worship cafe where it is all worship with one of the worship leaders. The really cool thing about this conference is that there is a youth and young adults stream too. No wonder there is 11,000 people coming to this. There are so many options.

The timing for this is a God thing I am sure of. Yeah for God and His sovereign plan.

6 comments:

Shawn Branch said...

One of the things that I am realizing is that it is okay to be completely open, honest and transparent. It's something I've struggled with since I started blogging.
Being in ministry doesn't mean that our lives are perfect. We're human too. If Jesus was able to be open about His frustrations and struggles with people, why can't I?
...still thinking through this...

Anonymous said...

Hey Bonnie,
I hope you get filled while at this conference, and I hope that the burden that has been on your heart will be lifted as He takes your Yoke, and that your given peace. Hey, Lord I lift up my sister Bonnie, I ask that you bring people into her community that she can go to who will listen and be there so that she may unload without worries of it leaving that spot. In your preciouse name our Lord Jesus I lift this prayer to you.

Anonymous said...

Come Lord Jesus Come. Fill her up with your spirit. drench her. devourer her in your presence. Your love. Your peace. Sweep in God and break through during this conferemce. May your sacrifice cover her like a blanket. Come Lord Jesus Come.

Jen said...

praying for renewal...

Anonymous said...

hey...i've started a new blog and deleted my old one....check it out.

www.desertthirst.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Bonnie,
It would be nice to hear from you. my name is Clive and i've been a Christain for just two years. I have no idea how you blog space came up on my computor but it did so I thought i'd post a message. By the way i'm in the UK

clive